Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Help for New user  (Read 10804 times)
toranenterprises

« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2008, 11:46:06 AM »

Quote from: "alpro"
Heres the skp., like I said it was a quickie.

Mike

Thank you very very much Mike.  :mrgreen:

Tara
toranenterprises

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2008, 11:47:43 AM »

Quote from: "Virtual Architec"
The template for roll up doors already exists in your door properties.  Explore the door types toward the far right side and you should see it.

Oh, wow.  :oops: Thank you.

Tara
toranenterprises

« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2008, 12:36:40 PM »

Quote from: toranenterprises
The template for roll up doors already exists in your door properties.  Explore the door types toward the far right side and you should see it.

hmmm, i feel really dumb, but i cant seem to find any roll up doors....  what am i missing here? Sad

Tara
Virtual Architec
Global Moderator
Forum Master

« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2008, 01:17:50 PM »

Go to file manager, Edit/Add element/ In door properties look all the way to the right under the basic tab and select Roller

toranenterprises

« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2008, 02:11:21 PM »

wow haha yeah thanks

Tara
toranenterprises

« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2008, 10:56:56 AM »

this is my newest project. how do i create the inside framing?

Tara
Virtual Architec
Global Moderator
Forum Master

« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2008, 11:20:33 AM »

You need to read up on using Portal Frames in the help file.

Open help Look under "Members/Inserting Portal Frames"
You will find it is very simple.
You may need to create the size posts and beams you need if there is not something in the default catalog that works for you.

toranenterprises

« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2008, 12:20:37 PM »

Alright, well now I have an elevation problem. I followed the help directions, and got the measurements from my boss filled in, but When I place it onto the terrain, it looks like the members are floating above the columns. Why is this? Do I have to fix the elevation on each beam and fit it manually onto the columns, or did I miss an option while filling out the information?

Tara
Virtual Architec
Global Moderator
Forum Master

« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2008, 12:26:06 PM »

It looks like a discrepancy between the specified height in the form and the actual post height.  Just hold the shift key down and select all the posts. Then right click and go to properties and set the post height to match what you put in the form.

toranenterprises

« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2008, 12:52:48 PM »

Ah, yes, that worked! Thank you. Now, do you have any suggestions on how to create the horizontal beams going inbetween each column? My boss called them "Gurts" (sp?)

Tara
Virtual Architec
Global Moderator
Forum Master

« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2008, 01:08:47 PM »

The simplest way is to create new building locations spaced at the height you want the gurts to be at.  So if the gurts are 3' on center and your ground floor location is 6" then I would add a location at 3'-6", 6'-6" etc.
Then draw your horizontal gurts around the perimeter on the first location.  Then select all of them you just drew, right click and select the option to duplicate to location.  In the window that pops up select the other locations you created.

toranenterprises

« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2008, 01:19:20 PM »

The simplest way is to create new building locations spaced at the height you want the gurts to be at.  So if the gurts are 3' on center and your ground floor location is 6" then I would add a location at 3'-6", 6'-6" etc.
Then draw your horizontal gurts around the perimeter on the first location.  Then select all of them you just drew, right click and select the option to duplicate to location.  In the window that pops up select the other locations you created.
Okay, so Your saying: to create a new floor or...?

Tara
toranenterprises

« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2008, 02:13:16 PM »

Ok, so What I have done is:

So the gurts are typicaly 4' from ground level on our buildings, and my floor location is at 4''. So I would put in 4'-4'' on the "Head hight" row, and The last row is " wall height" and I put the height the boss gave me for the dementions, which is 10'. I didn't know what to put into all of the other rows, so I left those alone.

Then I got lost.

You started saying something about drawing the gurts onto the building collumns and then you were able to physically see the gurts, right click on all of the gurts with the shift button, and select "duplicate" and create the rest of the upper gurts.

What happens for me is that I filled out the window for the new building location, and pressed "ok". It appears as though nothing has changed, and I dont know where the new building location is, or how to insert the gurts, or for that matter, where I can find that option.

Tara
Virtual Architec
Global Moderator
Forum Master

« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2008, 03:05:37 PM »

Look at the pictures below.

toranenterprises

« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2008, 03:26:11 PM »

ok, so I set up my building locations, but where do I find the actual button/tool to insert the actual gert into the drawing?

Tara
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: