Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Help for New user  (Read 10971 times)
toranenterprises

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2008, 03:34:06 PM »

Ok! Cool! Thank you so much! It seems that I have run into anouther question. If anyone could help me, that would be great. My question is: How do you get a .jpg file to show up on your photoboard for use as texture for a wall?  You see, I am trying to replicate an existing barn for practice, and I have created a .jpg swatch in order to import it into the program, so it looks identical to the wood that the barn was built with. I used the photoboard wizard, and it says that I had created it successfuly, but when I go onto the photoboard under the texture options, Its not there. I don't understand what I did wrong, but obviously I missed something. When I was going through the wizard, I chose the .jpg image and put it as stationary so it wouldnt move and follow the camera when in 3D veiw. So can anyone tell me how to import a personal texture for use on a wall?

Tara
Les
Forum Friend

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2008, 06:41:43 PM »

Double click the wall you are drawing with or have drawn to get to the wall properties.  Go to appearances.  Under materials click select.  On the materials I would scroll to "siding generic".  Right click in the bottom window and chose "add material".  In Material Properties select use texture and click select.  Find your new texture.  

Look under help-materials-customizing library- add new material

Les
toranenterprises

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2008, 10:19:56 AM »

Alright, thank you very much! I have anouther couple questions that is really really important to get answerd... if anyone knows the answer/ has time to explain it to me. I'm being asked to create a rendering of a steel framing of a building, and I have been learning how to do basic walls and such. I have have only been working on Envisioneer for a couple days, and I am now being asked to do something that I have no idea how to even start, or even if this is possible to do! So my first question is:

1. Is it possible to create a rendering of a steel skeleton of a building?

2. If it is possible, how do you do this?

ANY help with this would be absolutely appreciated!!! Thank you SOO much!

Tara
toranenterprises

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2008, 02:07:17 PM »

I have anouther problem that has not been answered... I didnt know I'd run into this problem, nor did i think about it!  I'm trying to build a sliding barn door for some horse stalls, and I used the "sliding glass door" as the starter door. Then I changed the glass to a wood paneling and wood framing to a steel. The problem with the door is that the wall it is on isn't actually completely enclosed, and the framing on the sliding door is creating a top bar across the doorway when opened, not allowing anything (such as a horse) to get through the doorway. is there anyway to eliminate the obstruction? My other thought was to simply streach the doorway  up and then try to get the wood to only go up half way, and leave the frame up high and just connect some more beams to it later to create the support for a roof. I have tried to figure out how to resize the actual wood surface, but have not been able to figure it out.

Does anyone have a better way to create a sliding stall door that will fit my needs?

Tara
Virtual Architec
Global Moderator
Forum Master

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2008, 03:05:13 PM »

1. Is it possible to create a rendering of a steel skeleton of a building?

2. If it is possible, how do you do this?

Yes there is a way to create a steel structure.  However what type of structure are you trying to emulate?  A picture would help us understand better.  As you may have seen already, there are many ways to skin the Cat, some may be easier then others.  Here is a picture of a sample Steel/Concrete structure created in Envisioneer, showing that it is very easy to implement.

Virtual Architec
Global Moderator
Forum Master

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2008, 03:06:31 PM »

Does anyone have a better way to create a sliding stall door that will fit my needs?

If you post a picture that would help.

toranenterprises

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2008, 03:36:52 PM »

Here is a picture of the front of the horse stalls I'm trying to recreate.

Tara
toranenterprises

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2008, 09:51:44 AM »

So, I'm guessing no one has any ideas eh?

Tara
Virtual Architec
Global Moderator
Forum Master

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2008, 11:47:05 AM »

Use a wall with rectanglar openings and trim applied for the lower section.
A custom railing for the upper section
and a custom member for the top slide rail.

toranenterprises

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2008, 03:09:27 PM »

Virtual Architec,
 I'm trying to copy your design, but the elivation of the rectangular opening needs to be adjusted, and I cannot find a way to correct that.

Tara
Virtual Architec
Global Moderator
Forum Master

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2008, 03:45:37 PM »

Click on the opening, right click and select elevate.  Type in the height you want.

toranenterprises

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2008, 04:14:16 PM »

Ok, this is what I have so far.  In a previous post, i inserted an actual photograph of the barn i am trying to recontruct. My question is: How can I create the metal framing on the walls? My boss Is harrassing me to get this done ASAP and I am just learning the program. Any help would be MUCH LOVED!

Tara
Virtual Architec
Global Moderator
Forum Master

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2008, 05:20:40 PM »

Look at the framing in this wall.

toranenterprises

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2008, 12:26:47 PM »

Very nice! That looks awesome! I tried to open it on my Envisioneer, and I kept getting an error pop-up...

Tara
Virtual Architec
Global Moderator
Forum Master

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2008, 01:17:57 PM »

You have to save it to your computer first.  If you try to open it right from the attachment it will always give you an error.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: