Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Special Offer from CAD Today  (Read 10726 times)
cadsoft530
Administrator
Forum Master

« on: September 20, 2007, 10:21:01 AM »

Cadsoft is pleased to announce a partnership with CAD Today to purchase a complete set of 5,549 2D Construction Drawings and Details in AutoCADŽ .dwg format at a reduced price.

Cadsoft clients can purchase for $299 US from the regular price of $399.00. To learn more or purchase the package, please use this link.

https://usd.swreg.org/cgi-bin/s.cgi?s=3652&p=3652CD01CS&v=0&d=0&q=1&t=

Thanks,
Cadsoft Corporation
Rickhead

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 09:47:02 AM »

Does anyone have opinions on the value of this offer concerning dollars spent vs time saved drawing the details yourself? I think it could be a valuable tool for relative CAD newbies (like myself) to be able to insert, edit, and deconstruct the files as necessary. Thoughts?
Virtual Architec
Global Moderator
Forum Master

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 09:56:10 AM »

Rick,
A lot will depend on how many of those details will work for you.  You might email them to get a list of what is in the mix.  If there are a good number you will use then it is definitely a good deal.
Ed

Rickhead

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 10:00:05 AM »

All of the files are listed here, Ed: http://www.cadtoday.com/CD_Listing.shtml

Supposedly all files are editable. I know I should be self-learning the drafting portion of Env, but unfortunately there aren't 36 hours in a day.
Virtual Architec
Global Moderator
Forum Master

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 10:21:56 AM »

That looks like a very good collection.  I had bought the Wiley Architectural Graphic standards collection which has everything, but it is so complicated to get details out of it.  I may just buy this collection for that reason alone!
Ed

Rickhead

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 11:28:25 AM »

I guess the next logical question then is, can these files be edited using Envisioneer, or will that require another software?
alpro
Forum Friend

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 12:03:51 PM »

Being that they're dwg, they should be fully editable in Envisioneer, import cad file, select, modify, explode, and edit away.

Mike
Alexi
Forum Friend

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 12:59:46 AM »

Hey Rick,
How is OVERBUILDERS going?
haven't heard much from you lately? I guess you've been very busy?
I'll post some Jpegs of dwellings I've designed with Envisioneer, soon. Let me know what you think.
Alex
Rickhead

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2007, 10:05:08 AM »

Alex,

Business is good. I have three appointments today, two involving Env kitchen presentations, including closing deals. I'm getting very good at the 3D building portion of Env, but still spending way too much time trying to understand the lighting nuances associated with rendering and all the in-depth 2D detailing fun, as I usually do 'minimalist' detailing anyway. And learning SketchUp is still on my 'to do list'. And I still haven't figured out if the 2D drawings in this offer are editable in Envisioneer. Need more hours in the day.

I still monitor the forum, mostly to imitate the great advice offered, search for previously asked solutions, or to offer what little help I can. One day I'm going to pull a Virtual Architec and focus 110% of my energies on drawing.

How's your design business? I'll post some pics on another thread, also.
FynrDzynr
Global Moderator
Forum Master

Age=overthehill but I'm not saying which one!

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2007, 04:03:26 PM »

G'day Rick!
Think the Beatles were onto something. "Eight days a week"
But half the extra day needs to be included in the weekend - never enough time to do all the jobs round the house here - let alone getting away from it all!
Merv

Envisioneer CS 10
Designer-artist-story teller - translating someone's dream (mine or my client's) into words & pictures of what could be
Member, Building Designers Assoc Qld
Member, Australian Architecture Assoc
Rickhead

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2007, 04:09:57 PM »

Quote from: "fynrdzynr"
G'day Rick!
Think the Beatles were onto something. "Eight days a week"
But half the extra day needs to be included in the weekend - never enough time to do all the jobs round the house here - let alone getting away from it all!
Merv

Still not enough. We'll need to write another song, Merv, but I don't think 'nine' or 'eleven' days a week has the same ring to it.
Alexi
Forum Friend

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2007, 03:03:27 PM »

Hi,
can you suggest a viewer to use?
Alex
Virtual Architec
Global Moderator
Forum Master

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2007, 04:10:20 PM »

Hi Alex,
I use the free one from Autodesk : http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/mform?siteID=123112&id=9078813
It will create thumbnails of the drawing as well when you are browsing your file folder.
Ed

FynrDzynr
Global Moderator
Forum Master

Age=overthehill but I'm not saying which one!

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2007, 05:43:55 PM »

Despite publicly vowing my desire to be free of Autodesk's clutches I have to add another vote to Ed's for their freebie "DWG TrueView"

Merv

Envisioneer CS 10
Designer-artist-story teller - translating someone's dream (mine or my client's) into words & pictures of what could be
Member, Building Designers Assoc Qld
Member, Australian Architecture Assoc
geomac
Forum Friend

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2008, 05:47:53 PM »

Well - I tried to contact the company that puts this product out. Their site says they will e-maill you a free sample. You fill out a form and get nothing- filled it out three times - nothing - e-mailed their support - nothing
Guess they dont want to sell it to bad-

George
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: