Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Envisioneer Express  (Read 17593 times)
Chantale
Administrator
Forum Friend

« on: September 22, 2006, 07:15:28 AM »

Hello Everyone

Envisioneer Express is now available. It is a free VIEWER for your Envisioneer drawings. Your clients can download it and view your Envisoneer drawings. It has a limited catalog so they can add in elements as well.

They can't edit the properties of any of the catalog elements or your inserted elements. So they have very limited functionality other than moving elements around and inserting basic elements. But it is a great tool to give your clients to get them started on a design or in the very least to be able to view your design. You can open drawings freely between both Envisioneer and Envisioneer Express.

So word of warning; before you hand off a drawing to a client to view and edit in Express please make a backup so your original design isn't destroyed by a client.

Here is a link: www.envisioneerexpress.com

A viewer has been a heavily requested wish list item so, as always we are listening and hope you find it useful in your business.

~Chantale
jim1984

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 07:37:02 AM »

Thank you, Chantale. I downloaded the viewer yesterday and it is exactly what I had been looking for. I was having to convert drawing to pdf to allow my clients to view via e-mail, but this will help streamline the process. Although with being able to slightly modify the drawing it should be called a viewer-plus. This is just one of innumerable reasons I decided on Cadsoft and Envisioneer a long time ago.
Rickhead

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 09:04:07 AM »

I whole-heartedly agree. Simplifies the process for customer changes and approval. Lovin' it!
JRV
Forum Friend

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 10:54:46 AM »

I installed it on my wife's computer so she can view the drawings if she wants. Not sure she'll ever use it but it's a nice idea, anyway!

Also amazed by how fast the 3D is compared to my notebook computer...this is the first time I've ever seen Env on a desktop machine with a high-end display adapter. What a difference!

Jeff
Peter.Hodgson
Forum Friend

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 11:22:00 AM »

Hi

I downloaded it and it really will help my business.

Thanks Cadsoft for being nice to your clients it is really, really nice to do business with you.

Peter

It's the same effort to do it right...
FynrDzynr
Global Moderator
Forum Mentor

Age=overthehill but I'm not saying which one!

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 05:43:11 PM »

For the first time in my life I don't feel "stateless" when downloading from an international site. Everyone else seems to think if you don't live in USA your state is irrelevant. Congratulations are in order.
Merv in Queensland - "The Sunshine State" in the grip of the worst drought in recorded history even though Innisfail has had over 2m (that's 80") of rain in the last 6 months since Cyclone Larry hit.

Envisioneer CS 9.1
Designer-artist-story teller - translating someone's dream (mine or my client's) into words & pictures of what could be
Member, Building Designers Assoc Qld
Member, Australian Architecture Assoc
Rickhead

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 11:14:04 AM »

Once again, I am smiling...

This past weekend I downloaded Envisioneer Express for a test drive. Finally, a superb CAD tool that offers everything I have been actively searching for to streamline the design/build process. After experimenting with it for a very short time, I emailed the link for Express to all current and prospective customers, and all of my subcontractors. I was able to walk a computer-savvy customer through a virtual tour of the basement that I designed for him (a big thanks to Peter Hodgson for the weekend help!), and this morning my Electrical, HVAC, and Plumbing subcontractors will get their tutorial. The point is, Envisioneer Express is a timesaving program that allows contactors, subcontractors, and customers to communicate effectively, and also the opportunity to participate in design that heretofore was simply too expensive and difficult to learn.

I am not an architect, engineer, or draftsman, so I can't speak to the ability to produce a full set of Construction Documents, but to date all of my basic drawings have sailed through the Building Department submittal process. Envisioneer is simply an amazing sales tool and I am now so comfortable with it that it has allowed me to officially remove the Chief Architect Home Designer Pro v7.0 from my hard drive. Just don't expect  the obvious, entry-level questions from me to end any time soon...

The best analogy I can offer on Envisioneer is, as with golf, you must practice constantly to realize the progression. Thoughts?
leglce

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007, 09:15:17 AM »

Any idea about an update that works with v4.0 drawings?

Michael
Certified Professional Building Designer (CPBD)
Chantale
Administrator
Forum Friend

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2007, 03:30:37 PM »

Look for the Express update by the end of the week.

~Chantale
cadsoft530
Administrator
Forum Master

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2007, 11:38:36 AM »

Good Afternoon,

Envisioneer Express Version 4 is now available for download at:

www.envisioneerexpress.com

Thanks,
Nick
Rickhead

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2007, 01:49:21 PM »

Alright...thanks Cadsoft!
FynrDzynr
Global Moderator
Forum Mentor

Age=overthehill but I'm not saying which one!

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2007, 02:54:53 PM »

Thanks Nick!
Been waiting so long to see that bit in the bottom left hand corner "Attention Envisioneer Express is based on Envisioneer4.0c2"
Thanks again
Merv

and 2 confirmation emails to ensure I don't forget it!

Envisioneer CS 9.1
Designer-artist-story teller - translating someone's dream (mine or my client's) into words & pictures of what could be
Member, Building Designers Assoc Qld
Member, Australian Architecture Assoc
leglce

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2007, 09:54:41 PM »

got it...

Michael
Certified Professional Building Designer (CPBD)
kyBuild

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2007, 04:05:43 PM »

I just downloaded the express version and was trying to add and change cabinets. The only cabinets I saw were base cabinets, no wall cabinets. Is this a limitation of the express version, and would customer be able to change wall cabinets when using the express version?
cadsoft530
Administrator
Forum Master

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2007, 08:10:06 AM »

Good Morning,

This is a limitation to the program as it is just a free viewer.  If the clients wanted to change it then they could make notes of what they want changed and give those changes to the architect for him to change in the full version of Envisioneer.

Thanks,
Nick
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: