Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Series of ignorant questions forthcoming...  (Read 11337 times)
Rickhead

« on: March 20, 2006, 04:13:59 PM »

I am just now starting my first set of extensive construction drawings since receiving Ev3.0. When inserting windows in walls, an orange exterior 'sill' appears, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to delete it, or edit it - or anything. Anyone?
Rickhead

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 04:17:33 PM »

Also, is there a way to save a Title Block to the library that has pre-filled field information, such as:

Overbuilders Construction Services
           1234 Main Street
    Littlebig, Pennsyltucky 01010?

Please and thank you.
Rickhead

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 04:38:47 PM »

How do you change the color and line style of openings when there are no editable elements within the Properties window?
FynrDzynr
Global Moderator
Forum Master

Age=overthehill but I'm not saying which one!

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 05:18:09 PM »

Quote from: "Rickhead"
save a Title Block to the library that has pre-filled field information,><snip>< .
AFAIK you need to insert it as a bmp or jpg
Hope to take delivery of my 3.0 CD tonight. Will try it out tomorrow
Merv
PS good to see you're up with Oz news, Rick. Praying that Wati (the next one that's already queueing) comes a bit closer to Brisbane. We sure need the rain. My cousin has a farm that's been in family 3 generations. Main dam hadn't been dry in 70 years but he's just had 70yrs worth of silt scraped out the bottom. If it doesn't rain by May, hosing will be banned completely (no sprinklers allowed atm)

Envisioneer CS 10
Designer-artist-story teller - translating someone's dream (mine or my client's) into words & pictures of what could be
Member, Building Designers Assoc Qld
Member, Australian Architecture Assoc
Rickhead

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 05:46:40 PM »

From the Sydney Morning Herald:

Mr Callaghan said Cyclone Wati was a category-two system but was expected to intensify to a category-three storm today.

Wati was 850km east-north-east of Mackay and was moving towards the coast at 25kph, he said.

It was expected to move towards Townsville for the next couple of days before turning sharply south on Thursday and tracking parallel to the Queensland coast.

"There should be some pretty wild weather between Mackay and Fraser Island later in the week," Mr Callaghan said.

Now, back to my drawings...
Alexi
Forum Friend

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 08:46:26 PM »

I am just now starting my first set of extensive construction drawings since receiving Ev3.0. When inserting windows in walls, an orange exterior 'sill' appears, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to delete it, or edit it - or anything. Anyone?
Hi Rickhead,
Try going to the catalogue under trim?
I havent got Env. 3 yet so I'm not sure.
regards alex
Rickhead

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 09:05:42 PM »

It's not trim. It is automatically inserted by default with all windows and doors and appears to be a sill nosing or threshold of some sort. I have clicked on all of the Components under the Appearance tab to see if an orange line style comes up, and nothing. Beats me...
Rickhead

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006, 10:06:15 PM »

Maybe I'm getting tired...

Which library are shower doors located? Or, how does one draw a shower stall door? Not an all-inclusive shower unit w/door included, but a three-sided framed wall with tile-over-durock-attached-to-studs shower?
Alexi
Forum Friend

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2006, 02:08:41 AM »

Hey Rickhead,
I think its teusday evening here in Oz.
I still haven't received 3.0 yet, but you might have to use some imagination to create shower stalls or amend the existing shower stalls to suit your needs.
try inserting a 1" wall into your catalog, draw the shower stall then paint it with glass, dont worry about the glass being frameless because you're going to talk your client into paying the extra for frameless glass.!!!!
howzthat!
regards
Alex
Alexi
Forum Friend

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2006, 04:21:48 AM »

Hey Rickhead,
How's it going?
It's past 5.00pm here in Oz Teusday eve,  and its cocktail time (I can't even think, no see straight to wrtie all of this), the trim I was talking about is in the wall properties in 2.5
kind regards
Alex
cadsoft530
Administrator
Forum Master

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2006, 09:02:45 AM »

Good Morning,

To get rid of the sill attached to a windoiw you have to go to the properties of the wall that the window is in and then select the Trim Tab.  Under the Trim tab you will then select the Exterior Side and then delete the sill information out.  This will delete the sill from the window.

In regards to the Titleblock, you can create a titleblock in a new drawing and then add in the text information you need and then save the drawing as a template.  Then you will go to Settings > Program Settings and under the General Tab you will change the Template that Envisioneer uses to be your new template with the titleblock.  Now everytime you open a new drawing a titleblock will be included with the standard text entries that you require.

In regards to your last question I am not sure if I follow what you are trying to modify.  Is it the opening itself or the way the opening is representd in 2D Plan View?

Thanks,
Nick
Rickhead

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2006, 10:26:00 AM »

Thanks to both Nick and Alex. This program is so detailed (and I love detail!), I was probing window properties instead of wall properties for a solution to the sills.

Question: In regards to shower doors, how does one draw a stand-alone, frameless shower door installed on a wood-framed wall, in which tile is applied over Durock (or another acceptable substrate) which is fastened directly to afforementioned wood studs?

Answer, if I may: Draw a long, narrow rectangle in the Drafting tab at 5 to 10 degrees off-parallel to simulate being open. A low-level workaround, which shall suffice...for now.

In an attempt at another fix, I inserted a wall at the fourth elevation, creating a completely enclosed shower stall. Then I tried to insert a door in said wall, to no avail. The program won't let me. If I could, I would then narrow the door to 1/2" thick, change the door leaf from wood to glass, edit the frame to be a very narrow by narrow chrome frame...but...a shower door...in the Door Catalog, is most definitely, absolutely,  and positively one of my Wish List items...

Is Kitchen and Bath remodel as huge elsewhere, as it is here in the snowy Denver, CO, US of A, metro area?
cadsoft530
Administrator
Forum Master

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2006, 09:55:25 AM »

Good Morning,

I have seen your request for a shower door in the Catalog and I will make sure it gets addd to the wishlist items.

I have in the past created a shower stall like you are creating and in doing this I found that the best way to create this was using walls.  I then broke the wall in two places to create my door.  I added in some members and changed the properties to be metal.  I could have spent more time and tried to replicate an actualt shower stall but here is the image as it was rendered.

Thanks,
Nick
Rickhead

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2006, 10:06:23 AM »

Very impressive! However...I cannot get a door to insert in the very basic wall I am trying to create. Can I email the file to you, Nick?
Alexi
Forum Friend

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2006, 06:29:31 PM »

Very impressive!
yes very impressive.
Nick, did you use walls to create the hob for the spa bath?
regards
Alex
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: